By Mary Douglas
Read or Download Evans-Pritchard: Volume 3 (Mary Douglas: Collected Works) PDF
Best social sciences reference books
Originating in India, the Gypsies arrived in Europe round the 14th century, spreading not just around the entirety of the continent but additionally immigrating to the Americas. the 1st Gypsy migration integrated farmworkers, blacksmiths, and mercenary squaddies, in addition to musicians, fortune-tellers, and entertainers.
Ernst Mach -- A Deeper glance has been written to bare to English-speaking readers the hot revival of curiosity in Ernst Mach in Europe and Japan. The publication is a storehouse of latest details on Mach as a thinker, historian, scientist and individual, containing a variety of biographical and philosophical manuscripts publihsed for the first time, besides correspondence and different issues released for the 1st time in English.
This quantity examines the position of Arab girls in Arab Spring and their contribution to the continued technique of swap sweeping the sector. The booklet starts off with an exam of the method of democratization and its impediments within the Arab international because the moment international conflict. It then appears on the stipulations that resulted in the upsurge of the so-called Arab Spring.
This cutting edge textual content explores present social paintings theories and views in a scientific approach, utilizing an built-in and versatile framework to hyperlink context, idea, and perform techniques. Its foreign breadth and supportive pedagogical positive aspects have ensured the book's price to scholars of social paintings around the globe.
- Culture, Health and Disease: Social and cultural influences on health programmes in developing countries: Volume 20 (International Behavioural and Social Sciences, Classics from the Tavistock Press)
- The World's Population: An Encyclopedia of Critical Issues, Crises, and Ever-Growing Countries
- Writing for Social Scientists: How to Start and Finish Your Thesis, Book, or Article: Second Edition (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- Fifty Key Sociologists: The Contemporary Theorists (Routledge Key Guides)
- Encyclopedia of Social Theory
- The Cambridge Companion to Malcolm X (Cambridge Companions to American Studies)
Extra resources for Evans-Pritchard: Volume 3 (Mary Douglas: Collected Works)
Evans-Pritchard: Volume 3 (Mary Douglas: Collected Works) by Mary Douglas